Location Kingston, OntarioAdditional Locations: OntarioRequisition Number R-87058
Is promoting exceptional customer service throughout your department on the top of your to do list? Do you excel in running a team efficiently while increasing customer satisfaction, and retention? If so, our Supervisor of Canada Operations may be just what you need to take your career to the next level.
As a Supervisor of Canada Operations, you will be responsiblefor planning, organizing, leading and coordinating the day-to-day activities of associates involved in providing services in the area of Customer Operations.
- Participates in the development of short- and long- term goals and plans for his or her work group.
- Provides coaching and direction to the associates while creating an environment which encourages customer sensitivity, teamwork, commitment, increased productivity, and superior quality.
- Develops, plans and implements succession plans that allow for career growth and development of associates.
- Communicates approved policies and procedures to subordinates and ensures compliance.
- Recommends change to policies and procedures as necessary and participates in the development and implementation of such changes.
- Effectively communicates with the Manager so she/he is informed of all necessary information regarding the associates, customers, and clients.
- Coordinates the workflow of the unit and ensures work is distributed appropriately and that all standards are met on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Works with the Workload Management team to understand workload trends.
- Collaborates with other Policy Administration supervisors to develop weekly workload strategies, spot trends and implement work plans.
- Performs periodic quality reviews to ensure that proper processing service procedures are being followed.
- Provides feedback to staff in a timely manner and identifies and implements training solutions as needed to improve performance.
- Hires, trains, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and terminates personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matters.
- Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates associates according to such standards.
- Communicates job performance standards.
- Maintains records related to work group performance, attendance, payroll, and expenditures.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of related reports.
- May conduct or participate in the analysis and resolution of operational issues.
- Handles escalated calls and correspondence referred by Associates and resolves exceptions and problems. Receives and investigates all complaints concerning the assigned area of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Associates degree
- 3 years of progressively more responsible experience in Customer Operations or 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Computer skills required, including Word, Excel and Lotus Notes / Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- An understanding of human resource policies and procedures
- Basic workflow management tools
- Well-developed interpersonal skills promoting team participation with assigned staff
- Motivational methods to improve and develop assigned staff
- Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams
- Multi-task and perform to multiple goals/objectives
- Bilingual English and French
- End of life planning experience preferred
Hours are 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM M-F with a half hour or one hour lunch or 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM M-F and occasional weekends