Description:The Training Specialist plans, organizes and delivers a wide-range of training programs for new hires and existing employees that incorporate work processes and procedures, product, systems, sales and customer service either face-to-face or via webinar.
Participates in the analysis of the employee’s specific training needs to make recommendations for developing new programs and on-the-job specific refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their job skills. Additionally, will evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that the training the employee groups receive helps the organization meet its strategic business goals and achieve results.
Program Support and Maintenance:Under the guidance of the Director or Learning and Performance Optimization, develops programs that align to business priorities:
- Participate in needs assessments and gather data to establish project scope and timelines.
- Identify content and learning material to develop programs that align to program specifications.
- Determine training length to ensure employees have sufficient time to learn the information correctly.
- Develop courseware (lesson plans, job aids, activities, PowerPoints, etc.) for product knowledge, process, systems, and soft skills (customer service, retention, etc.), and implement by due date.
- Identify and implement training and performance evaluation strategies (level 1-4 evaluations), monitor and analyze results on a regular basis, and provide performance updates following training program implementations to measure and communicate training program success.
- Facilitate train-the-trainer sessions and provide coaching and mentoring support to facilitators, including client and vendor trainers, to maximize training outcomes.
- Implement current process and procedure improvements to ensure training curriculum is up to date and reflects Business strategy.
- Modify learning new strategies, approaches, and techniques based on lessons learned, and update material accordingly.
- Ensure adherence to legal, branding and compliance/regulatory guidelines and/or other standards used throughout the enterprise.
- Inform Director immediately upon learning of issues that may impact their effectiveness.
- Facilitate training for internal and external customers. This includes, but not limited to, new hire training, Webinars, and workshops.
- Conduct product, system, customer service, retention, and sales training.
- Listen and evaluate calls to measure learning effectiveness, recommend coaching needed for associates leaving training. Maintains close contact with call center supervisors and managers to anticipate needs and make recommendations for additional training support.
- Completes all training as assigned by specified dates and achieves satisfactory feedback from participants.
- Coordinates class schedules with appropriate parties.
- Orders supplies for classes prior to start date.
- Ensures classroom equipment is tested and working properly prior to class start date.
- Conducts online surveys for courses.
- Maintains training records to include all attendance and system issues.
- Records all test scores within one week of class completion.
- Stays abreast of campaign changes and alerts Managers to ensure that training is alignment with client’s policies and guidelines.
- Consistently models core competency behaviors.
- Informs program stakeholders of unavoidable delays.
- Ensures that work requests are documented, tracked, stored, maintained and archived in accordance with company policy.
- Enters project time into tracking system daily.
- Remain aware of industry trends and tools in training and performance optimization.
- Maintains product knowledge and keeps current with processes and procedures.
- Participates in all learning events conducted by the Client Training Services team.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development using external/on-line resources.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• 5 years of training experience including needs assessment, design, development, and
delivery in retail and call center environments
• eLearning experience is required
• 5 years of coaching and mentoring experience
• 2 years designing and developing interactive and engaging eLearning courseware, using a
variety of technologies
• 2 years’ project management experience
• Valid driver’s license
• 25% Travel requirement
• Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning
and spelling of words, rules of compositions, and grammar.
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing as appropriate for the needs of
• Interpersonal skills for interacting with team members and stakeholders at all levels of the
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Analytical and creative
• Applies advanced problem-solving skills and techniques / proactive problem solving
• Ability to multitask, including managing multiple complex projects
• Active listening skills
• Ability to observe, receive and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
• Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
Desired Knowledge, Experience or Skills
• Bilingual (French and English) is an asset
We stand behind our employees in several important ways. Take a sneak peek at what you can expect from a career at Assurant:
• Customer Impact: Opportunities to create great customer experiences
• Diversity and Inclusion: An open and supportive workplace for all individuals
• Respect and Integrity: A culture of personal accountability and high ethical standards
• Support for Success: Managers and coworkers committed to coaching, guidance and
• Recognition: Recognition of significant contributions
• Employee Benefits: Access to a variety of benefits (i.e. Health and Dental Benefits, Health
Care Spending Account, Pension, Referrals etc…)
• Work-Life Effectiveness: Innovative approaches to provide you with flexibility
• Career Possibilities: Encouragement to explore your potential and contribute to your