AFIMAC Canada is actively hiring an experienced Waste Water Technician with previous experience in the Automotive Industry for upcoming assignments throughout Ontario.
This position will require you to work 12 hour shifts 7 days per week when assigned to a project. You may also be required to travel away from your home and reside in a hotel until the assignment is complete.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sorting and manipulating waste products in boxes, bags, drums, totes and other containers to ensure proper disposal, waste treatment and waste water treatment.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the clarifier systems as per treatment metering pumps and valves
- Maintain various waste treatment pits, sumps and settling basins as well as storage and disposal of waste materials.
- Maintain plant “Drum Policy”
- Assist as a member of the Emergency response team
- Gather information for the local authority service as per Group leader and/or Supervisor
- Responsible for inventory of chemicals for waste treatment systems
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-Maintain good housekeeping and be familiar with and follow all safe operating procedures
-Grade 12 Education
-Able to read and write in English
-Knowledge of conventional waste treatment systems
-Good communication skills
-Must be able to work without direct supervision
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
$34.00 per hour before overtime
$51.00 per hour during overtime (after 44 hours a week)
$30 per day non-taxed meal allowance
Paid Travel (up to 4 hours)
Hotel Accommodations Provided (when required)
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.