Job Overview: We are looking to employ experienced and certified Yoga Instructors with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The Yoga Instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice.
To ensure success as a Yoga Instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
Yoga Instructor Responsibilities:
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Motivate students with words of encouragement.
- Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga
- Monitor fitness level and requirements of all participants and design classes to suit individual needs.
- Perform and demonstrate all yoga exercises to participants and ensure compliance to safety and health standards.
- Inform participants in various forms of yoga and its effect on body and mind.
Yoga Instructor Requirements:
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience – 2-5 years’ experience preferred
- Fitness, Pilates or other certifications an asset
- Comfortable leading classes outside
- CPR and First Aid certification (preferred)
- Yoga Instructor Certification (preferred)
Shifts: Full days, 8-9 hour shifts, Monday - Sunday
Job Types: Part-time and Full-time, Occasional and Permanent
Wage: $22.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Yoga: 5 years (required)