Southern Frontenac Community Services Corporation requires an Adult Day Service Recreation Assistant.
Southern Frontenac Community Services (SFCSC) is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
This is a casual position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., located in Sydenham, ON.
- Work with the Adult Day Service (ADS) PSW Lead and ADS staff to plan and implement an ADS
- Work with groups or provide individual support for clients with differing needs
- Take the lead on recreation within the program
- Physical demands of the job include assisting with transfers and client care as well as room set-up and take down
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Certificate in Therapeutic Recreation and/or Recreation & Leisure with Gerontology or equivalent.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the aging process as well as diseases of aging.
- Strong ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and willing to learn Nesdatrak.
- Ability to evaluate activities and ensure that they meet both the client’s needs and interests as well as program standards of care.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
For a detailed job description visit, https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to Southern Frontenac Community Services via email to email@example.com with Adult Day Service Recreation Assistant in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on July 30, 2021.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify Browen Weeks if you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.