You are responsible for assisting the Assistant Operations Manager in managing the day to day operation of the Front Desk while demonstrating a strong commitment to Purposeful Service to each and every guest.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Guest Services Department in concert with and in the absence of the Assistant Operations Manager, ensuring that all standard operating procedures pertinent to Guest Services and brand standards are consistently followed.
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Recognize and seize all opportunities to increase guest loyalty, employee satisfaction and profitability.
- Champion the Marriott Rewards loyalty program through active promotion of the program; ensuring all related policies and procedures are adhered to; and Marriott Rewards members are recognized.
- Assist in managing the recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and training off all guest services associates.
- Assist in maintaining information on rates, specials, packages, programs, etc. and ensuring staff are trained in all areas
- Assist in completing weekly reports, forecast, reservations on the books, scheduling and payroll input.
- Promote teamwork and quality guest service through effective communication and coordination with other departments.
- Provide direction, support and motivation to the Guest Services team.
- Maintain best practices to ensure continuous positive employee relations (engagement, conflict resolution, training/development, labour compliance, etc.)
- Resolve staffing problems and complete proper documentation in accordance with hotel policies and Employment Standards Act (i.e. discipline, terminations, etc.)
- Conduct timely performance evaluations and coaching of staff to reach objectives for career development, training and growth.
- Ensuring regular recognition of staff in exhibiting desired behaviours.
- Assist in the achievement of budgeted occupancy, budgeted annual rate, budgeted room revenues as well as departmental budgets including labour.
- Assist in control of departmental expenses in relation to budget.
- Accuracy of department’s cashiering and consistent balancing of department’s float.
- Reconciliation of Group accounts and packages
- Ensure accuracy of computer input (i.e. rate codes, etc.)
The above areas of responsibility are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Minimum 2 years hospitality experience in a management role with strong knowledge of Front Desk operations
Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
Proven success in delivering exceptional guest services and excellent interpersonal and employee relations skills
Sufficient Computer skills to allow proficient use of company issued software programs (Opera, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Ability to work under pressure
Must be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays