Here’s Just a Peek At What We Offer
When you walk through our door, you’re not just starting a job. You’re starting a career at a company that cares about you. Our offices are a community of people passionate about engaging and helping people across the country. With competitive pay and benefits that start on your first day, Assurant’s a company ready to invest in you. But don’t take our word for it. Our benefits speak for themselves.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous paid-time-off package, including holidays, within your first year
- Work from Home
- Weekends OFF, flexible schedules between the hours of 7:30am to 6:30pm EST
- Ability to help people during their most difficult moments
- Health, dental and personal wellness plans for you and your family
- Financial plans for your future
- And more …
At Assurant, you’ll find a team eager to help you grow your career and find meaning in your work. Are you ready to join?
What is a Customer Service Representative at Assurant?
The Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you’re the voice of our organization and clients. You’re highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and you care about helping others. The customer experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You’re a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone, and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find a resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people.
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and enjoys a challenge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You believe the details are important and actively listen for them.
- You go above and beyond because you want to, not because you have to.
What You Will Like
- The diversity — every day and every customer is different.
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team.
- The difference in the value Assurant places on great customer service and the recognition you’ll receive from our customers and our leaders when you exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our Fortune 500 company.
- Competitive starting pay in a highly motivated pay-for-performance environment.
- Extensive communication with external customers, agents, and funeral homes including inbound and outbound phone calls.
- This role requires listening to our customers’ concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issues.
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers’ current challenges, solve them and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges.
- You may be asked to participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities and adjust priorities as requested.
- A robust paid training environment enables you to learn the business, the systems, the policies and, most importantly, how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges. Training will be a combination of classroom, online and side-by-side observations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be bilingual in English and French
- Great conversation skills and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customer’s problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multitask using technology, including call handling, loan-level review and call documentation
- Minimum high school diploma or GED, and 1 year of work experience required
- College degree with 0-1 year of work experience, preferred
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
To apply, please visit jobs.assurant.com and reference job number 89487.