Empire Life is seeking a Bilingual Disability Claims Manager for an immediate start. This is a regular full- time remote position.
If you have an analytical mind, natural curiosity and excellent negotiation, consultative and communication skills, this could be for you.
As a Disability Claim Manager you'll apply disability management best practices to effectively manage the information gathering, assessment, payment, expenses and risk associated with weekly indemnity and long-term disability claims within approved authority limits.
You will be working closely with the disability management team and reinsurance partners to find creative solutions to meet our customer’s needs by focusing on a timely, sustainable and safe return to work; ensuring appropriate cost/benefit analysis relative to reserves held.
This job supports the Division’s customer service delivery promise through prompt decision making and pro-active customer communication and service by providing education, support and ongoing relationship management to customers and producers.
As a Disability Claim Manager, you'll need to:
- Investigate, evaluate and determine eligibility for initial and ongoing payment claims based on medical information, job requirements, non-medical factors, contract terms and department/industry protocols within established service standards
- Manage active claims duration by utilizing best practices
- Interview claimants and employers through telephone interviews
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all communication with customers
- Formulate and implement a detailed case management plan on each file with a focus on a timely, sustainable and safe return to work; interact with and appropriately challenge treating physicians and employers; make referrals for independent medical assessments and to alternate insurance organizations (federal, provincial and private insurers)
- Collaborate with in-house return to work facilitators to design and monitor return to work programs
- Collaborate with team members to exchange ideas, gather information and offer solutions on claims
- Based on department standards, ensure proactive communication with our customers regarding claim status and developments
- Accountable for positive file resolution and appropriate outcomes
An ideal candidate will bring the following skills/experience to the role:
- 3+ years’ work experience in disability claim management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and Disability Management best practices/protocols
- Knowledge of relevant provincial employment legislation and legal requirements
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet and database software
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- LOMA 280, 290, HIAA, CEBS - GBA are assets
- Completion of a university degree in anatomy, biology, kinesiology, life sciences or psychology
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers an environment that encourages the pursuit of personal and professional success. Empire Life acknowledges and rewards talent, and supports employees in achieving and exceeding individual and organization goals.
How to apply :
- Include your name and Position Title in the subject line.
- Attach your cover letter and resume
- Name the attached document with your own name (last name, first name)
- Send your email (with the resume and cover letter attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have a resume or a cover letter, we can help you ! Reach out to us at email@example.com .
Comment appliquer :
- Inclure votre nom et le titre du poste dans la ligne d'objet.
- Joindre votre lettre de présentation et votre CV
- Nommez les documents joints avec votre propre nom (nom, prénom)
- Envoyez votre courriel (avec CV et lettre de présentation en pièce jointe) à firstname.lastname@example.org
- Si vous n’avez pas de CV ou de lettre de présentation, contactez-nous à email@example.com .
If you have any specific inquiries about this job posting, you can email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a remote position.