Barr Homes is a fast-growing New Home Construction company that specializes in residential construction. We are looking for new members to join our dynamic team.
Carpenter: Residential New Home Construction
Reports To: Site Superintendent.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 Pm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Experience doing in home service
- Able to work in a team environment
- An advanced organizational skill set
· Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented
- Read and understand blueprints
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Outlook etc. will be an asset
- Physical strength. Lift 50 lbs
- Problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of job safety
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field, and through the phases of New Home Construction.
-Minimum 3-5 years in construction
-Valid Driver's License and own vehicle.
-Carpenter License (an asset but not mandatory)
-Up to date Health & Safety Training (WHMIS, Working at Heights Etc.). If hired training or upgrades to training can be provided
-Dependable and reliable with good communication skills
What’s in it for YOU?
- Competitive wage package. (Wage commensurate to experience)
- Benefit package
- Year-round employment
- Opportunities for growth
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$32.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Carpentry: 2 years (Preferred)