Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales functions as the leader of the property’s sales department of 2 sales professionals at this 161 room property. They are also responsible for an individual revenue target from the Group Corporate and Association Segment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organizing and executing the property's reactive and proactive sales efforts. They provide day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives. They are supported by the regional directors of sales, marketing and revenue management to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market to achieve overall hotel revenue targets.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Researches competitor’s sales to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Serves as the sales contact for the General Manager, property leadership team, Group Sales and Area Sales leaders.
- Executes and supports IHG/Wyndham’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Functions as the leader of the property’s sales department for and for an individual revenue target from the Group Corporate and Association Segment.
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy in conjunction with the Regional Director of Sales.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and staff.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using annual Strategic Sales Plans, aligns performance and rewards, addresses performance issues and holds staff accountable for successful results.
- Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future; continues to upgrade the sales & catering talent; works with HR to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
- Transfers functional knowledge and develops sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university – preferably in hospitality, business or marketing;
• 4+ years’ experience in hotel sales preferably in the group segment.
• Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
• Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
• Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
• The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule occasionally including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Opera, Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License