Southern Frontenac Community Services is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
Working as part of our team, the Family Services Coordinator will assist families and individuals living in the Township of South Frontenac who are facing barriers that make them economically vulnerable or challenged. The Coordinator will assist in meeting food security needs as he/she oversees the safe operations of the SFCSC Food Bank. This is a full time (35 hours weekly), permanent position based in Sydenham, ON.
- Oversee the Food Bank operations from end to end.
- Respond to Family Services client inquiries.
- Oversee the promotion and delivery of short-term or seasonal family support campaigns.
- Maintain and grow existing community networks.
- Supervise, train and support volunteers.
- Maintain electronic and physical files associated with family services.
- Collaborate with all SFCSC colleagues to meet the needs of our clients.
Please reference our website for a complete job description https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
- Strong awareness of the challenges faced by rural, low-income families required.
- Food bank or community service experience preferred.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving food packages of up to 50 lbs (20 kg)
- Completed education at the College or University level relevant to the role preferred. Relevant combination of skills and experience will also be considered.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required; Experience with databases preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality, sensitivity and respect in client interactions.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Frontenac County resources and communities is an asset.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license and insurance.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
To apply: Send a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the role requirements to Southern Frontenac Community Services, Attn: Heather Rogers, Box 43, Sydenham, ON K0H 2T0 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .Please indicate the position in the subject. Applications are due by June 5th.
Any applicant who, because of disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the applicating process, may request assistance by contacting Heather Rogers.
We thank all applicants however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.