Homelessness Prevention Worker
This is a full time (35 hours weekly), permanent position to provide services to households and individuals who are at imminent risk of homelessness or who are currently without permanent housing. Services are delivered throughout Frontenac County and the incumbent will work from offices located in Sydenham, Verona and Sharbot Lake, ON.
The incumbent provides the full range of services offered through Prevention Diversion, Rapid Re-Housing and Housing First services. The incumbent completes the screening, intake and assessment protocol for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless, provides diversion services and targeted prevention to resolve the immediate housing situation and refers to other organizations as appropriate. The incumbent will provide outreach to engage people “living in the rough” to obtain housing assistance with a goal to end homelessness in Frontenac County. To view a more detailed job description, please go to www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• SSW diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of short term crisis intervention strategies and community resources
• Demonstrated experience in provision of prevention and targeted intervention strategies.
• Experience working in the housing sector.
• Awareness of the City of Kingston’s 10-year Municipal Housing and Homelessness Plan.
• Knowledge of Frontenac County.
• Must be willing to work from SFCSC offices in Sydenham, Verona and Sharbot Lake.
• Valid G driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.
• Current police records check.