Southern Frontenac Community Services is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
Working as part of our team, the Hospice Palliative Care Coordinator provides direct services, including Volunteer Hospice service coordination, bereavement support, caregiver support, outreach, volunteer training and coordination and administrative support throughout Addington Highlands, North and Central Frontenac Townships. This is a part-time (28 hours weekly), permanent position based in Northbrook, ON.
The incumbent is responsible for the recruitment of volunteers to participate in Hospice service delivery, including matching and supervising volunteer-client relationships. The incumbent ensures all volunteers have a minimum standard of Hospice Palliative Care Ontario training or equivalent. The Coordinator provides advice, direction, training, supervision and evaluation to all volunteers assigned to individuals or groups within the Hospice Palliative Care program. The Coordinator works closely with other SFCSC program coordinators such as the Volunteer Coordinator or southern Hospice Palliative Care Coordinator.
Please reference our website for a more detailed job description https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospice palliative care.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education relevant to the position including
Hospice Ontario or equivalent training program, counselling and/or grief courses.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent active listening skills to both spoken and unspoken conversation, with empathy.
- A clear understanding of grief and any family issues around grief and emotions.
- Must be comfortable with difficult conversations including; DNR orders, death, fear and emotional situations.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as within team situations.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality, boundaries and respectful non-judgmental care.
- Must provide own vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Knowledge of Frontenac County an asset.
- Experience managing volunteers an asset.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
To apply: Send a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the role requirements to Southern Frontenac Community Services, Attn: Heather Rogers, Box 43, Sydenham, ON K0H 2T0 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the position in the subject. Applications due by June 5th.
Any applicant who, because of disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the applicating process, may request assistance by contacting Heather Rogers at the organization.
We thank all applicants however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.