WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Interpret the role of a British soldier in 1867 British North America.
• In period costume, interpret the history of Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada - part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site of Canada - to Fort Henry visitors by executing military drills and manoeuvres, taking visitors on guided tours, participating in historical dramatizations, events, parades and performances.
• Perform before Fort Henry visitors and attend internal and external special events.
• Make each visitor’s experience at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada interesting and enjoyable by providing excellent customer service.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• A high degree of physical fitness to perform 19th century British army foot and arms drill (both infantry and artillery) and to meet other essential physical demands.
• The ability to learn historical information, particularly Canadian and/or British military and social history c. 1867, within a limited timeframe and interpret it to the public (in both individual and group settings).
• The ability to portray an historical character and perform the role in public.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent program delivery, customer service and effective information service to both staff and the public.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
A vulnerable service sector check is required for this position.