Provides clerical support base by ensuring that patient and diet information is accurate and meaningful to the clinical and food production areas of Nutrition Services. Prepares tray tickets and menus for Patient Food Services tray assembly and delivery as required. Ensures all patient information (location, diet orders, preferences, etc.) are recorded or entered into the CBORD system. Ensures that patient meal selections are based on diet order, food preferences, and food allergies.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, revises, collates and prepares accurate patient data information for distribution through the proper and effective use of the hospital and patient data base. Ensures patient tray tickets are accurate and in accordance with the diet order. Prints production and diet reports as required.
- Adjusts patient selections, in consultation with Dietitian Assistants, to meet individual needs as required.
- Makes note of and/or resolve issues/concerns from patients and/or patient floors
- Prepares infant formulas from prescriptions prepared by dietitians
- Coordinates and collects late patient meal trays when required
- Follows standard operating procedure to assist in the effective and efficient operation of the department in the absence of the supervisor
- Makes note of any incomplete work or other issues that Supervisor would need to address the following day
- Ensures especially during slow periods, that adequate stock/supplies are maintained in the diet office.
- Secure fridges, store rooms & Nutrition department in general
- Meets deadlines for diet changes, tray assembly, meal delivery and nourishment delivery. Prints tray tickets prior to every meal.
- Communicates with nursing units and all department personnel in a positive manner, respecting patient confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept./unit established procedures at all times. Where possible, take corrective action to address a hazard, otherwise report the unresolved hazard, dangerous circumstance, unsafe situation to self, other co-workers or the community, to their supervisor. Should the employee suffer a workplace injury or illness, he/she will advise their supervisor; actively participate in identifying and resolving the underlying cause(s), and participates in early and safe return to work as per Workplace Safety & Insurance Act.
- Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KGH policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct. Complies with the KGH Commitment to uphold the Workplace Conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
-Grade 12 or equivalent
-Current Food Handlers Certificate, must be maintained through employment (Please note that proof of completion must be provided to People Services prior to posting deadline)
-Recent hospital food service experience
-Demonstrated computer keyboard skills 25 wpm.
-Ability to maintain confidentiality.
-Demonstrated spreadsheet ability (Excel Level 1).
-Demonstrated mathematical skills at an appropriately accomplished level to perform related tasks accurately and quickly.
-Demonstrated good communication skills including a polite, tactful telephone manner and fluent use of written and spoken English.
-Ability to meet deadlines and cope with frequent interruptions in an environment that has a high volume turnover in a short time frame.
-Demonstrated understanding of basic diet therapy.
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.