Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Plant Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial reporting and analysis to create accurate, insightful financial information and efficient processes to enable our growing organization.
The Plant Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of periodic cost & financial reports, full accounting support for all aspects of CRM’s operations and interfacing with all levels of operations as necessary. Commitment to customer service excellence, initiative, being a problem seeker as well as problem solver, business acumen and ability to grasp business complexity, are all essential to this role.
The standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Most of the work occurs during regular week day office hours. However, as an international company with frequent interaction with head office, hours of work involved may vary to accommodate differences in time zones. Flexible hours are required and may include evening and week-end hours.
This job operates in office, laboratory and food manufacturing setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide input to the CFO in the review, development and implementation of administrative and financial policy, procedure and guidelines for the company
2. Evaluate business processes and identify areas of internal control risk. Make recommendations to reduce risk
3. Prepare department journal entries at the request of the CFO, inclusive of background research, supporting documentation and ensuring accuracy
4. Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations of the department involving the integration of operating processes and procedures
5. Provide leadership, direction and guidance to junior team members
6. Stay abreast of financial policies, legislation and regulations
7. Assist in the development and preparation of monthly financial reports and presentations as required
8. Prepare monthly income statement and balance sheet including journal entries, accruals and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Identify month end corrections that are required
9. Work collaboratively with all departments
10. Support ad hoc projects and assignments as assigned
11. Maintain organized electronic and hard copy financial files for the company and adhere to internal audit policies. Maintain confidentiality of all data
12. Manage relationships with financial service providers, and maintain all bank account documentation in accordance with corporate policies
13. Administrative duties as needed
14. Other duties may be assigned.
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
Education: Related University degree or College Diploma in Finance or Accounting.
Certification: Member of and in good standing with the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) of Ontario association as well as obtained or working towards obtaining CPA designation is required.
Experience: 5+ years of professional accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, food manufacturing experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience in understanding of GAAP and IFRS
• Working knowledge of inventory and accounting systems
• Experience with enterprise resource planning ERP software such as Oracle PeopleSoft Financials, Infor ERP SyteLine, Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, SAP, NetSuite ERP
• Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision, and effective writing, presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work against deadlines in a dynamic, growing company
• The flexibility to adapt and roll with changing workflow priorities
• The ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-driven environment
Perks & Benefits
Life insurance coverage
Medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans
Long term disability insurance
Travel Accident Insurance
On the job training
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities