The Quintilian Way
The Quintilian Way is a Not For Profit organization that provides social and learning opportunities for children and youth in a supportive, therapeutic and welcoming environment.
Our focus is to teach skills, build confidence, improve self-esteem and create independence for children and youth.
While our programs are designed for children and youth who may have a diagnosis of ad(h)d, asd, anxiety disorder, ocd, learning disabilities it is not limited, we promote an inclusive environment.
Program Coordinator Position
The program coordinator will be responsible for developing, facilitating and overseeing new and existing programming for The Quintilian Way.
The position is a 5 month contract position that runs from April 2019-August 2019
$16,000-$21,000 – 40 hours/week
There are no benefits or pension attached to this position
Skills & Experience / Compétences & expérience
• Child and Youth Care Diploma, Bachelor of Education, Behavioral Science/Behavioral Psychology Diploma, Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent
• Current CPR/First Aid Certificate (Standard First Aid/CPR Level C)
• Current Record of Immunizations (Including TDP/10-year booster)
• Up to Date CPIC/Police Check with vulnerable sector check (within last 6 months)
• CPI training or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years experience in the field working with children/youth with learning, social, emotional challenges
• Experience working for a Not For Profit organization is an asset
• Experience developing funding proposals and reports is an asset
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated effectiveness in creating and implementing programs
• Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as set and meet deadlines
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to work efficiently under pressure and remain focused within a constantly changing work environment.
• Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and supervisory skills with the ability to problem solve and find resolutions to issues/conflict.
• The Program Coordinator will report to directly to the Quintilian Way Board of Directors
• Develop and implement programming for existing social and recreational program for children aged 5 to 16 years old
• Research community needs for a life skill focused transition program
• Develop and implement outreach strategies to increase program enrollment
• Develop and implement new pilot programming for a life skill focused transition program for youth ages 16-25 years old
• Seek out partnerships and collaborative opportunities within the community
• Develop and facilitate staff and volunteer training
• Provides day-to-day leadership to the staff team, and direct program delivery as necessary.
• Supervise and coordinate all program staff and volunteers
• Provide information about Quintilian Way programs to the community
Other Comments / Autres commentaires
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview