Applicants must apply through our web page at:
**Short-Term Contract however applicants must be available to work full-time hours.**
Primary Function: To provide a high quality of service of food and beverage items to the guests. Promote company standards and goals. Perform assigned procedures and tasks in an organized, friendly and professional manner.
Secondary Function: To assist the marine staff in case of on board emergencies as per their instruction, to assist in the boarding, seating and hospitality services of passengers. Maintain appropriate stocks and products and to maintain overall vessel cleanliness and appearance. Adhere to KTIC protocols and procedures as outlined in this manual.
Job Requirements: We are looking for candidates with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced, service-focused and ever-changing environment. The best applicants will be well organized and adaptable. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and an overall positive outlook. A successful candidate will not only be a team player but will also have the ability to work well alone, without direct supervision.
Previous experience is necessary to be eligible for this position. Successful applicants will be offered a position as either a Server or Bartender based on their qualifications, with opportunity to advance based on performance.
All crew must understand the context of hospitality onboard ships and undergo marine orientation by the ship’s Captain before their first shift. Heavy lifting is occasionally required.
Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Maintain inventory levels required of the position
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organized work area and service section at all times
- Complete all necessary setup to ensure the boat is ready for service. Including but not limited to: linens, glassware, flatware, china, sugar caddies, salt and pepper, napkins and menus
- Take, process and deliver all food and beverage items ordered by the guest in an accurate and timely fashion
- Continuously suggest and up-sell items to guests in order to anticipate guest needs and increase check averages
- Be fully knowledgeable of all food and beverage items, allergens, cooking times and out of stock items
- Be proficient in the presentation and opening of wines and champagnes
- Follow the timing guidelines as established by the company standards
- Work efficiently as a team to ensure that meal service is completed at the highest service standard
- Be aware of any special requirements and/or requests of the guests in the assigned section from the information provided from the boarding lists and to fulfill those requests
- Anticipate and respond to all guests needs throughout the cruise
- Follow all instructions given by the on board purser in a timely and professional manner
- Collecting payments and processing through the POS, accurately balancing your end of day reports
- Properly set tables according to the boarding plan
- Stock and maintain the cleanliness of the service stands
- Properly and accurately report and record all sales in the prescribed manner
- Maintain, at all times, a clean and tidy appearance and proper uniform standards
- Perform all other reasonable tasks as assigned by the master of the ship, the onboard purser, boat managers, or any other person in a management position
Please submit your online application at www.kingstondestinationgroup.ca/careers/
Application Deadline: 2021-03-31
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.20-$15.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kingston, ON (Preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (Required)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Serving alcohol
- Placing to-go orders
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items