Services for Employers
Services offered to employers
ACFOMI Employment Services provides bilingual recruitment services for employers wishing to receive personalized services to identify candidates that will meet their recruitment needs.
By working with ACFOMI Employment Services, employers receive the following assistance and services:
- Help to identify human resource needs
- Assessment of skills, aptitudes and interests of potential workers in relation to business needs
- Help in developing a realistic work experience plan or on-the-job training plan for the participants of Job Matching
- Participant support and resolving workplace issues that may impact the employers’ ability to meet business goals
- Financial incentives to offset some of the costs of their commitment to an effective work experience or on-the-job training placement, when appropriate and necessary
Organize a Job Fair
The Job Developers of ACFOMI Employment Services are there to help you organize some job fairs, one of the frequently resources that employers turn into in Kingston and the Thousand Islands region.
Our team of Job Developers is working together with local employers to provide personalized services to identify clients that meet their recruitment needs. This team provides support for event promotion, advertising and the creation of job opportunities. Our team is happy to travel to meet employers in person at their workplace in order to know the needs.
What distinguishes the ACFOMI is the personalized service offered by the Job Developers. Many employers are looking for Bilingual candidates and ACFOMI is able to liaise with clients speaking two languages, and to meet their recruitment needs. The ACFOMI can put at the disposal of local employers some conference room to conduct interviews or information sessions. This is a dedicated team to ensure that employers have the necessary tools to conduct a successful Job Fair!
ACFOMI Employment Services provides bilingual recruitment services for employers wishing to receive
personalized services to indentify candidates that meet their recruitment needs.
The ACFOMI Employment Services are serving employers and job seekers of the Kingston and the Thousand Islands region. Employers can post their jobs advertisement on our Job Board, which is daily updated.
Employers will also receive information on various programs and subsidies offered by the MAESD.
Submit a Job Posting
Use our Job Board to reach candidates in the Region of the Thousand Islands.
Eligibility of Employers
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Comply with all applicable legislation, including federal/provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Access to Information and Protection of Privacy
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker
- NOT hire his or her immediate family members, such as parent, spouse, sibling or child as a trainee
- NOT be receiving government funds from any other source for the same training placement
- NOT use placement services to replace existing or laid-off employees
- NOT be an Employment Ontario Service Provider.
- Develop a relevant training or work experience plan that will help the participants achieve their employment goals,
- Provide feedback and skill level assessments of participants if required
- Have potential for long-term employment/contract position for the participant
- Demonstrate the ability to provide the participant with adequate supervision for training/work experience
- Put participants on the company’s payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as for all regular employees.
Are you an employer?
Sign up with ACFOMI’s employment services to publish job postings to our Job Board.
Our services are funded by:
Association canadienne-française de l’Ontario, Conseil régional des Mille-Îles
760, Highway 15,
Kingston, ON K7L 0C3
1(800) 561-4695 (toll-free)
Fax: 613 546-4695
Hours of operation:
Monday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 3:00pm