The Youth Job Connection – Summer Program (YJCS)
The Youth Job Connection – Summer program is open to all eligible youth between the ages of 15 and 18, with a focus on those who are experiencing challenging life situations and could experience difficulties in finding a summer job.
The program provides information and job opportunities to help these young people make positive educational and career choices and thus maybe find their first formal job. These critical early exposures to the world of work can help them align their immediate education and career planning towards longer term, meaningful careers.
Eligibility of participants
- Be between 15 and 18 years old
- Be a resident of Ontario and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be unemployed (not working AND be available to work)
- Intending on returning to school after the program
The program is not meant for those who have already transitioned to post-secondary
Participants must attend and participate to the two mandatory components:
Pre-employment services (paid workshops – minimum 20 hours – maximum 30 hours)
- Job Readiness Skills
- Career Development Exploration
- Personal Management
- Job Attainment Skills
- Employment Related Skills
- Job Maintenance and Career Advancement
Job matching (placements)
- Job placement service
- Job coaching support
- Job trials and other short term experiences
- Skill enhancement training – funding is available to support short-term, job-related training (Smart Serve, Food Handler certification, CPR, etc.)
Youth Job Connection (YJC)
To promote and ensure the integration, participation, representation and accompaniment of the French Speaking Community of the Thousand Islands region to ensure its continuity.
We believe in honesty, transparency, cooperation, harmony and respect.
Baby changing table in the restroom
Monday: 8:30 - 18:00
Tuesday: 8:30 - 16:30
Wednesday: 8:30 - 16:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 16:30
Friday: 8:30 - 15:00
Walk-ins during business hours welcome
Appointments outside of business hours are available upon request