Youth Job Connection (YJC)
The Youth Job Connection program offers intensive, specialized support to youth between the ages of 15 and 29 who are not in work, school or training and who face complex and multiple barriers to employment including poverty, homelessness and mental health issues.
Aboriginal youth, recent immigrants, youth living with disabilities, youth who have limited work experience and youth who have low levels of education or literacy might also benefit from Youth Job Connection.
Eligibility of participants
- Be between 15 to 29 years old
- Be a resident of Ontario and be eligible to work in Canada
- Be unemployed (not working AND be available to work)
- Not be participating in full time training (15 to 18 years old must be legally excused from attending high school)
- Be experiencing serious employment barriers
Participants must attend and participate to the two mandatory components:
Pre-employment services (paid workshops – minimum 60 hours – maximum 90 hours)
- Job Readiness Skills
- Career Development Exploration
- Personal Management
- Job Attainment Skills
- Employment Related Skills
- Job Maintenance and Career Advancement
Job matching (placements)
- Job placement service
- Job coaching support
- Job trials and other short term experiences
- Skill enhancement training – funding is available to support short-term, job-related training (Smart Serve, Food Handler certification, CPR, etc.)
Youth Job Connection Summer
To promote and ensure the integration, participation, representation and accompaniment of the French Speaking Community of the Thousand Islands region to ensure its continuity.
We believe in honesty, transparency, cooperation, harmony and respect.
Baby changing table in the restroom
Monday: 8:30 - 18:00
Tuesday: 8:30 - 16:30
Wednesday: 8:30 - 16:30
Thursday: 8:30 - 16:30
Friday: 8:30 - 15:00
Walk-ins during business hours welcome
Appointments outside of business hours are available upon request